Start where you are.
Beginning a web project can be daunting and stressful. Like any big project, breaking it down into manageable chunks can minimize feeling overwhelmed.
Identify your goals
Start small. Come up with one SMART goals for your project. Specific. Measurable. Attainable. Relevant. Time limited. Basically the who, what, when, where, how and why of goal setting.
Goal 1: Get 10 new subscribers to my newsletter by the end of next month.
- Who – 10 new readers
- What – subscribe
- Where – my newsletter
- When – by the end of next month
- Why – to build a relationship with potential customers
- How – by inviting them on my website and social media
Once we’ve chosen a goal to work towards, we can begin to look at how to get there.
Breaking Down The Steps To Get There
- Send an email to 5 people I know who might be interested in my services to inviting them subscribe to my newsletter. Ask them to share it with anyone they know who might be interested.
- Share a link to my most recent newsletter on my social media accounts and encourage followers to subscribe.
- Write and schedule my upcoming newsletter to publish automatically.
Little Wins. Big Progress.
By identifying goals that we feel are achievable, we can easily begin to build up many little wins that incrementally improve the success of our website over time.